...

5/9/11

Getting it right

Hello again!

I had an interesting thought on the weekend, in regard to how many things can go wrong during the print process and how paranoid and guilty I can feel about it.

I'm wondering now if maybe the aren't looking more closely than usual, and catching more errors because they know there are new people coming in that need to develop good habits. There have been a few things that I really get that impression about, and it helps me relax a little. I've been very very worried about getting everything right and if anything it makes things worse. The stress I create for myself in trying to double triple quadruple check everything seems to create more errors than not.

But when I really think about it there isn't a huge problem. I've been here just around two months and while I feel I know everything I've been told about rather well, the trick more recently has been trying to figure out what everyone else has forgotten to tell me. There is an awful lot of that too.

I'll get back to the entries about the tools and process soon, for now I need to concentrate on staying level and sharp. Tomorrow I go for a web dev. day-course though which could wither be really interesting or a total waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment