...

11/6/08

Goddamn the Mega-Crit

Holy hell.
Yesterday (Wednesday) was the first of at least two "mega-crits" for the illustration thesis class. This amounts to spending 5 hours (should have been only 4) in a cramped lecture hall designed for people of about 5'2" range and getting half-ass commentary on our work in progress. Two images per student, 100+ students . . . just agony.

Alternatively, its been a blur of a week. I can barely think of anything to say about it. Been working for the school a good amount. The Whodunit? mystery art sale is coming up fast so I've been assisting in the prep for that. Not a bad job really although QUITE mundane. It consists mostly of scanning and logging submissions for records and stuffing envelopes full of invitations for big shots to come donate lots of money to the school. Really the most annoying part of this was when I realized the school had printed seemingly random numbers of envelopes vs invites. The envelopes ran out LONG before the invitations did, so I've no notion of what they will be doing with the spares. I can only hope they are recycled rather than thrown out. I don't pay tuition so that school can make pretty litter.

Lastly, today is my birthday! Happy 21st to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment